Celbridge GAA Teenage Disco
The disco is members only & is strictly for those attending secondary school up to & including Jnr. Certificate year.
The disco is run from 8.30pm to 11.30pm with no admission after 9.30pm.
Entry to the disco is by membership card only. On the night of the disco, if you do not have your membership card with you, you will not be allowed to attend the disco. Even if you are a member or with your guardian, you need to have your membership card with you on the night of the disco to attend.
Admission to the disco is €10. Notification of discos will be in the local schools, the club website & this facebook page. The establishment reserves the right to refuse admission and anyone under the influence of drink or drugs will not be admitted. Anyone attempting to bring alcohol or drugs into the hall will have their membership withdrawn. Discos will be supervised by professional security and club members. Any fighting will also be reported to the Gardaí. No smoking is allowed and no-one is allowed to leave the hall for a cigarette. Membership numbers are recorded on entry. No-one is allowed into the disco with coats, jackets or bags. A free cloakroom is available for coats and jackets. There is no charge for anyone wishing use the cloakroom. Anyone wishing to leave before 11.00pm must sign out and be collected by a guardian. The Club is not responsible for anyone who leaves early.
Misbehavior by teenagers is dealt with in the following ways:
- Unruly/improper behaviour is corrected on the spot. Repeat offence and the individual/group will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Fighting – individuals will be asked to leave and the Gardaí will be called.
- Drink – individuals will be asked to leave and their parents will be called.
- Drugs - individuals will be asked to leave and Gardaí will be called.
In all the above cases the individual parents will be notified. All incidents are recorded in an incident book.
The individual may also be asked to sign a contract which states any repeated misbehaviour will result in their membership being withdrawn.
To ensure that the discos are enjoyable for everyone we ask parents to ensure that:
- Do not arrive at the GAA Club House before 8.15pm
- Their children have their membership card with them every night.
- Should the teenager have a medical condition please add this information to the application form.
*We should ask that all disco attendee's are dropped and collected from the disco*