Foundation Course - Football, Hurling & Camogie (E-Learning)
Venue: Celbridge Gaa Club
Date: Friday 27th & Saturday 28th September.
Time: 7.00pm to 10.00pm Friday, 10.00am to 2.00pm Saturday.
The Foundation Award is the introductory award for coaches of Gaelic games. It aims to INTRODUCE the participants to the coaching process and its practical application. The course will provide Coaches with the Information and the ability to introduce players’ to sport in safe and enjoyable environment.
The course covers 4 key modules, These are:
- Introduction to Games
- Skill Development
- Movement Skills
- Coaching Children, Youths and Adults
- The focus of the course is the development of ‘How to Coach‘ skills by placing the participant in situations that they will face as coaches -the organisation of games, activities to develop skill and activities to develop the various movement skills.
By the end of this Course participants will be able to:
- Assist a coach in organising a programme of Games and Skill Development activities appropriate to each Participants needs and abilities.
- Identify the Skills of Football, Hurling & Camogie.
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop 5 key skills.
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic games.
- Assist a coach in organising and managing Players for an effective practice session.
- Build Rapport, Observe, Analyse, Explain, Provide Demonstration and Provide Positive Feedback to Players.
The course is aimed at beginner coaches and will enable participants to assist a coach in the organisation of activities to develop Hurling or Gaelic football
Contact Club GPO Jonathan Daniels on the details below to book a place, Places are Limited.
Celbridge Gaa Club
Games Promotion Officer