Jonathan works intensively with local schools and our Academy as well as supporting the club’s mentors and players through coach educations programs and pitch visits.
Jonathan is always available to talk with parents whose children are interested in becoming involved with Gaelic Games at the club.
Here are some of the areas Jonathan is involved with:
School & Juvenile Coaching Activities:
• Primary School Coaching (6 Local Primary Schools, 3 Post Primary Schools).
• Organising after-school & before school coaching and initiatives.
• Providing coaching support on match days and training of GAA teams in Schools.
• Tutor transition year students in Go Games Referee course.
• Tutor Coaches in foundation level coaching, Award 1, TURAS Player Pathway.
• Attend primary and secondary school matches.
• These activities extend to over 600 children each week.
Club Coaching Activities:
• Coaching and supporting of juvenile teams
• Assist Academy on Saturday morning which is attended by almost 80/90 children
• Set-up and coordinate Easter, Summer and Halloween
• Set-up and coordinate the annual mini leagues.
All of the above activities and achievements could not have been possible without the continued support and help of:
• Our Chairman and the Executive, Our Coaching Officer and the Coaching and Games Committee
• All the juvenile coaches and mentors who give up their personal free time to work with the juvenile teams as well as the parent’s, principals and teachers in the primary and secondary schools that Jonathan coaches in.