After the huge success of the Celbridge Nursery academy programme last year we are delighted to announce that we are starting back again!!
The emphasis of the Club’s Nursery academy is on fun and child development and over the course of the Nursery academy programme to reinforce the values that will keep our children as lifelong members of the GAA, and also to help our children with everyday values required in life such as teamwork, discipline and fair play.
At our Junior Nursery academy your children will be introduced to sport in a friendly, fun and safe environment not just concentrating on GAA skills but also fundamental skills know as the ABC,s – Agility, Balance and Coordination.
Children will follow a specific programme of progression in their development of individual motor skills (jumping, throwing, catching, striking) and it is our aim to keep the coaching sessions fun and with plenty of variety with these important skills in mind.
We know that children grow, develop and learn at different rates throughout their lives and with a dedicated coaching team and Nursery committee we hope to assist in every child’s development regardless of their sporting ability.
Children will be put into different groups depending on their age and ability.
The club's Nursery academy section is open to all children from 5 years old. No appointment or pre-arranged meetings are necessary, just come along to one of our sessions and our coaches will take it from there. Details of sessions are as follows....
Saturday Morning 11.15am to 12.30pm
Venue: Celbridge GAA Club
Contact: Jonathan Daniels 085 273 4552
This will incorporate Football and Hurling/Camoige.
OBJECTIVE OF NURSERY Academy
To encourage boys and girls to participate in playing football and hurling in a structured and fun environment by:
- Introducing the child to the skills of hurling and football
- Preparing the child to participate at competitive or recreational level as a player
- Producing players who have a basic command of all fundamental playing skills.
- Developing the balance, co-ordination and footwork of the players
GROUPS WITHIN THE NURSERY Academy
Groups are divided by age, but in order to ensure that children are comfortable within groups, skill level are taken into account when dividing groups.
Parents of children MUST be Present at all times to support their children during the training session.
If any parents are interested in getting involved in underage coaching there is full training and support provided by the club.
Events that will occur throughout the Year include.
- Family Christmas Party
- Summer Party.
- Matches/Blitzes against local clubs
- Cul Camps at Easter and Summer
- End of Year Blitz
Subscription Cost for the years is €35
Subscriptions are paid annually in advance in January for the calendar year. Members’ subscriptions cover insurance costs. Children are not insured to participate unless their subscriptions are fully paid. The club is managed and operated on a voluntary basis by the members. Monies received are utilised to fund the following:
- Lighting costs and general maintenance of grass pitches
- Development of dressing rooms and club facilities
- The purchasing of various types of equipment needed to run a GAA club.
Benefits of Membership:
- The opportunity for your child to train and play Gaelic football & hurling in a very friendly and safe environment.
- Get to experience the excitement of playing Matches against local clubs.
- Access to the club hall.